Before you can understand why address verification is important to you and your company, you must first be able to understand what USPS address verification actually is.
Address verification is a process which ensures that each individual delivery address in a list is valid before mail is sent out. Every delivery address in the United States must be verified by the United States Postal Service (USPS) before it can receive mail. Our USPS address verification is done according the USPS CASS standards, so you can be sure that all addresses going through the system are valid.
Address verification and CASS-Certified Scrubbing
Our CASS-Certified Scrubbing software will do the following for your address lists:
- Standardize your mailing list. Standardizing changes an address to match a standard format. In other words, the addresses in your list are modified and corrected so that they meet the format the USPS expects.
- Update all outdated addresses. Our software is constantly at work, making sure all of your submitted addresses are current and up-to-date. For example, if a street name or number used in your address lists has changed, CASS software will automatically update and edit the address, replacing it with the current and correct form.
- Verify that addresses are valid and complete. Addresses that are undeliverable or that do not exist will be discovered and reported back to you. This ensures that you do not send packages out, only to have them returned to you, a waste of valuable time and expense.
After the addresses have been standardized, corrected, and updated, they are compared with a list of addresses that the USPS considers valid and complete. This address verification ensures that your mail-piece can be delivered to an address successfully.
How USPS Address Verification Helps You
- Address verification saves you money by helping you obtain maximum postal savings from the USPS.
- USPS Address verification saves you time by ensuring that communications reach customers accurately and on time.
- Address verification increases response rates from text messaging campaigns, thus potentially increasing your business.
- Lastly, address verification increases your efficiency by making your address lists accurate and up-to-date.