1. From your BatchLeads account, go to "My Profile" under your name in the top right hand corner of your dashboard, then click "Integrations" near the bottom left. (Shown in image below) To integrate with Twilio, you'll need your Account SID, Authentication Token and your Messaging Service ID.
2. Go to your main console in Twilio to find your Account SID and Authentication Token near the bottom under "account info". Click the little "copy" icon to the right of each code (shown in the image below) and paste them one at a time in the coordinating blanks in your BatchLeads integrations (shown in image above).
3. After obtaining the Account SID and Authentication Token, you must save those API keys in your BatchLeads account by clicking the save button and then turning on the integration.
Note: You must first purchase phone numbers before proceeding with the 10DLC registration to obtain your Twilio messaging SID. The purchase will be initiated in BatchLeads, but the phone numbers will be provided by Twilio.
4. Request a Market
To purchase phone numbers, you'll need to start by requesting a market under SMS settings. To get there, click on the profile icon in the top right hand corner to open "My Profile". Click on "SMS settings" in the menu on the left, then select "Markets" near the top right. Click "ADD NEW".
5. Purchase Phone Numbers
After the market you requested has been approved, go to "phone manager" under SMS settings to purchase phone numbers.
Under "phone manager", click on "purchase phone number" and select the provider you integrated with, the market (which will determine the area codes of the phone numbers that will populate and the amount of phone numbers you wish to purchase. Then click "submit request".
Your phone numbers will pop-up one by one as you refresh the page.
Note: You can start registering with 10DLC as soon as the purchase of phone numbers is successful.
6. 10DLC Registration
A2P 10DLC refers to a system in the United States that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers.
Once you're ready to start registering for 10DLC, each business will need the following information in order to register. This means you will need to collect this information for your own company if you are a direct brand.
- Business Name
- Physical Address (Street, City, State/Province/Region, Postal Code, Country)
- Business Identity (Direct Customer or ISV/Reseller/Partner)
- Business Type (Sole Proprietorship/Partnership/Corporation /Co-Operative/LLC/Non-Profit)
- Company Status (Private/Public)
- Stock Ticker & Exchange (if Public)
- Business Registration Number & Type (EIN for US-based companies, other business identifier for non-US companies)
- Business reason to use messaging and sample messages
A2P 10DLC registration is available through the Trust Hub (in the Twilio Console) for account Owners and Admins to complete – click here to get started.
You can follow this guide if you wish to register for a Low Volume Brand: (CLICK HERE)
Or this guide if you wish to register for a Standard Brand: (CLICK HERE)
Please see here for a comparison: (CLICK HERE)
7. Twilio Messaging SID
After a successful registration. To quickly find your Twilio messaging SID, go to your BatchLeads integration settings and click the external link icon for messaging SID.
The new page will open after you click the icon for the external link, and then copy the Twilio messaging SID.
Paste your messaging service SID into your Twilio integration along with your account SID and authentication token, and then click the blue checkmark icon to save the integration.
Note: Because you have set up your integration with Twilio, the phone numbers you purchase in BatchLeads are coming through that integration and any phone numbers you purchase, texts you send/receive, will all be charged from Twilio.